APM: Creating PDF with Perl

christopher.boyd at ni.com christopher.boyd at ni.com
Wed Mar 23 20:34:29 PST 2005

I had the same problem awhile back, and ended up using PDF::Create (also
on CPAN).  It has a few bugs though,
like it doesn't handle escaping unpaired ()'s, as required per the PDF
spec.  But, it's straight Perl (no XS mods) and
at around 65K, it's much smaller than PDF::API2 (which is ~ 20meg).  But
it's also much less flexible.  If I were doing
anything other than simple black and white text with limited fonts, I'd
seriously look at using something else, like
PDF::API2.

---
Christopher Boyd <christopher.boyd at ni.com>
National Instruments
Staff Software Engineer - MIO Software
PH: (512) 683-8296

David Bluestein II <dbii at interaction.net>
Sent by: austin-bounces at pm.org
03/23/2005 09:49 PM

austin at mail.pm.org
cc

Subject
APM: Creating PDF with Perl

Okay, I'm looking to create PDF files from Perl. I know there is
PDF::API2 module, but didn't know if anyone else had found a more
elegant solution to this problem. I've also done the Latex to PDF, but
am seeking if there is a better solution.

David

David H. Bluestein II
President & Lead Developer         dbii at interaction.net
ii, inc.
http://www.interaction.net
     -- Specializing in Interactive, Database Driven Websites --