APM: Colorized HTML Diff

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Tue Jan 11 12:53:17 PST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 09:32:24AM -0600, David Bluestein II wrote:
> Here is my question. Users are constructing a document based upon HTML
> forms. Creating separate sections. What I want to do is save each
> version, but be able to show a colorized HTML diff of the two (just the
> changes, or the whole document highlighting changes).
>
> Anyone have suggestions on best way to do this easily in Perl (CGI)?

I just remembered that I whipped up a script a while back that
does a side-by-side of the differences using Algorithm::Diff.
Right now it does the whole file, but it could be modified to
skip the unchanged bits.  It should probably use CSS, but oh
well.

It's at http://remmler.org/diff.pl if you want to take a look.

--
Go banana!