APM: IMPORTANT: November Meeting Details]

David Bluestein II dbii at interaction.net
Tue Nov 16 17:26:53 CST 2004

For those who have been following the list, our November meeting
location was usurped. In the informal poll of things, the meeting is now
as follows: (Sam, please update the website)

Where: Alamo Drafthouse Downtown (http://www.alamodrafthouse.com)
	409 Colorado St.

When: 6:45 pm ish (movie starts at 7:00 pm)

Topic: Uber Goober
	A documentary that looks at the practitioners of what could possibly be
the most misunderstood pop culture phenomenon of the late 20th/early
21st century: "gamers" (as in Dungeons and Dragons and Magic, tabletop,
wargames, LARP, etc.) See the alamo site for more details.

Alamo drafthouse has food, so we'll eat during movie (no pre-movie
eating plans), and they also have wireless in all theaters, so you can
bring your laptop too. If people have questions, we'll answer Perl
questions BEFORE the movie starts (to show we are the uber-geeks among
those attending). Tickets are available online, or at box office. I
called and there were LOTS of tickets available yesterday, but I make no
guarantees. If you are going to show up, drop me an email so I have a
headcount and we'll try to save a couple of rows in the theater.

We will have Ian presenting on Maypole at our next regularly scheduled
meeting (December or January, depending on when 3d Wed of Dec is).

David

--
David H. Bluestein II
President & Lead Developer        dbii at interaction.net
ii, inc.                          http://www.interaction.net
 -- Specializing in Designing Interactive Database Driven Websites --