APM: social meetings this summer

itnomad at access4less.net itnomad at access4less.net
Thu May 20 12:15:43 CDT 2004

This subject came up at the meeting last night.  I am using
the wireless at the new Ruta Maya that is behind Expose on
south Congress.  This place is really nice (except the idiot
smoking the cigar).  It has a few good beers on tap, strong
coffee, and snacks.  It is very spacious inside, has good
parking, and has comfortable outdoor seating.  The wireless
is really good.  There are two band stands; one inside and
one outside.  That might put a crimp in a social meeting if
there is a band playing.  Otherwise, this place is well on
the way to being my wireless hotspot of choice after Babbos
(name soon to change) and La Tazza Fresca (poor parking).
The Brewhouse Pub, as cool as it is, is not going to be a
good place to meet.
I got a lot out of the two main discussions last night( cut
and paste, and processing 30,000 files).  I always come away
from these meetings with new ideas.

jack lupton
720-232-3396
carpentry