APM: emacs perl mode questions

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Sun Feb 22 10:52:54 CST 2004

Bill Raty told me about emacs -r.  Thanks!

He also gave me an answer for #2 that made me realize I needed to
restate my question:

Is there a way to put emacs commands in a source file so that when emacs
opens the file for edit, emacs will excute them (e.g. cperl-mode,
electric mode on ...)??

vim allows commands to be included in the source in the first or last 10
lines of the file.  My programs look like:

#!/usr/bin/sg-perl
#
# vim: ft=perl
# vim: tabstop=4

Is there a simlar feature in emacs?

Thanks all.

Wayne

P.S. - Mark said it best:

"Emacs is a great place to live, but you wouldn't want to visit."

I'm trying to quit visiting and move in for a while, but ....

:)