APM: which ODBC do-dads?

Wayne Walker wwalker at bybent.com
Thu Aug 19 22:57:49 CDT 2004

According to the version of SQL Server and how it's configured, you may
be able to use the Sybase driver.  SQL Server was developer from Sybase
and they shared communication protocols until "lately".  Even a very new
SQL Server if "compatibility" is turned on will still speak the previous
protocol which is the latest Sybase protocol.

This is all third hand information, but I remember trusting whatever
source that info came from.

Of course, if you get ODBC running it's probably better (mainly
compatibility and forward support) except for speed.