APM: test hangs installing HTTP::Proxy (in win2k)

Sam Foster austin.pm at sam-i-am.com
Thu Aug 5 23:35:50 CDT 2004

I came across the very tantalizing HTTP::Recorder, which needs
HTTP::Proxy (to do what I want it to do). I couldn't find a .ppd to
install HTTP::Proxy via ppm, but installing via cpan was going well
until it hung on one of the test:
<snip>
t\05new.............ok
t\10init............ok
t\15accessors.......ok
t\17fstack..........ok
t\20dummy...........

it never timed out (or hasn't yet) - I have to kill it with ctrl+c. I
took a quick look at my /.cpan/build/HTTP-Proxy-0.13/t/20dummy.t
It looks like this is the first test that actually attempts to make a
http request. I dunno. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd
dearly love to get this module installed.

(what am I actually trying to achieve? The pod for HTTP::Recorder
basically sums it up. I also want to have a generic proxy server that I
can extend for e.g. logging and mirroring _my_ browsing sessions for
testing and development purposes. I'll need SSL support and be able to
handle basic authentication, redirects etc. )

thanks,
Sam