APM: Bring Your Problems, a.k.a. The Doctor is In

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at vvm.com
Tue Nov 11 21:33:43 CST 2003

> Since it is very short notice and not everyone will have a perl question
> or want to play perl guru, I'll add "bring your linux/unix question" to
> the agenda.  I can answer many Linux/Unix questions and hope some other
> linux/unix experts show up.
>
> Any questions?  Email or call me.  (791-2046)

Speaking of *nix, I have a question.  Where is somewhere that I can
purchase a value PC (doesn't have to be new) to get some exposure to
linux?  I've gone to the Dell, HP, Gateway, MicronPC, CDW, etc. sites and
chosen the 'configure' option, only to be faced with the OS option of
Windows XP Home or Professional.  Where's my Redhat, SuSE, or Mandrake
option?  I could build my own, but would rather just purchase a pre-built
system.  Please feel free to offer recommendations.

Thanks,
Jeremy Fluhmann

McLane Information Systems Division
fluhmann at vvm.com