APM: perl or shell script to generate MySQL db

jeremy jeremyb at univista.com
Sun Jun 22 18:58:02 CDT 2003

Hey Mongers,
    I've been working on a project based heavily in MySQL/Perl DBI.
The databases and tables in them were originally generated with the
script I wrote early on in the project.  Since then, extensive
modifications to the tables, and fields have made it necessary  to
update the creation scripts.  I'd rather not update the scripts manually
by eye-balling the table descriptions.

    MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1a. Does anyone have a Perl script for accessing a MySQL server,
inspecting it's databases and writing out a MySQL script for recreating
the same databases, tables and fields?

1b. Does MySQL 4.0.13 have native support for something like this?

thanks,
   Jeremy