APM: How to find out my current subroutine name?

Richard Lippmann horshack at lisa.franken.de
Sat Apr 12 09:19:27 CDT 2003

At 10:09 12.04.2003 -0400, Mike South wrote:
> >Hi, for debugging purposes I want to find out the name of the current
> >subroutine. How can I find it out?

You all are right, this made it for me:

sub cmdStart {
         printf "%s not yet coded.\n", (caller(0))[3];
         exit;
}

>PS I joined this list because my job was going to move me to
>Austin.  That fell through, but we are still looking at
>moving there (to be near family).  If anyone knows of any
>perl jobs there I would appreciate an email.  I have a
>resume and perl summary up at http://fulcrum.org/msouth/resume.txt
>and http://fulcrum.org/msouth/perl_summary.txt.

Mike, this is Germany calling :-) I am for a visit in Austin in June 2003.
Don't despair, Austin is a great city to live. There will be an opportinity.

Greetings,
Horshack

--
Richard Lippmann, Findus Internet-OPAC