APM: Unix time help

Mike Stok mike at stok.co.uk
Tue Sep 24 12:59:05 CDT 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Goldilox wrote:

> I want to convert -M $file output to Unix time (or -M's equivalent seconds so I
> can create its corresponding Unix time).
>
> I also want to convert dates to their corresponding Unix time.
>
> Anyone know of a module or code snippet(s)? Thanks

[mike at won mike]$ ls -l /etc/passwd
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1328 Sep 16 06:56 /etc/passwd
[mike at won mike]$ perl -de 1

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main::(-e:1):   1
  DB<1> $t = -M '/etc/passwd'

  DB<2> print scalar localtime $^T - $t * 24 * 60 * 60
Mon Sep 16 06:56:11 2002

Hope this helps,

Mike

--