APM: Perl & XML meeting this Wednesday 6:30pm at TekSystems

Mark Lehmann mlehmann at marklehmann.com
Mon Nov 18 11:26:45 CST 2002

What
====

We will be presenting Perl & XML Wednesday evening.  This is the first of
three presentations about programming Web Services.

The outline for the presentation is:

- XML Recap
- XML Modules
- Example use of XML
- XML Resources
- What's Next

_Perl & XML_ by Erik T. Ray & Jason McInstoch is the background material for
this presentation.

While the XML in this presentation is implemented using Perl, the information
is useful for other programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Java, and
.NET.

Dinner
======

A group will meet a Pok-e-Jo's Barbecue in the Arboretum at 5:30 for dinner
and networking.

Beverages and Networking
========================

At 8:00pm after the presentation, we will gather at B.B. Rover's for food,
drink and more networking.

Website
=======

We've updated the website look and feel, thanks for website developer Dewayne
Mangan.  I'll be diligent about keeping it up to date.

Reference the Austin Perl Mongers website at http://austin.pm.org for
location details.

Your Austin Perl Mongers group president,
Mark Lehmann