[Athens-pm] Unicode to Greek

Alexander Karelas karjala at karjala.org
Sun Jul 27 03:40:37 CDT 2003

I'm trying to change the unicode file here [1] to the standard
iso-8859-7 character set, in order to process it with Perl afterwards.

[1] http://www.ypan.gr/flash_fuel/ath/ath.dat

After having installed the module Unicode::MapUTF8, which also installs
the shell utility 'umap', I did:
$ umap utf16:greek <ath.dat >output

For some reason the translation stops after a couple of hundred of
characters, and the output file is a lot smaller than the original.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's wrong there?

Thx,
- Alexander

P.S. I can't find a perl function to do the mapping from utf16... while
there is a from_utf8 in Unicode::MapUTF8, from_utf16 seems like it's
missing.

Any help appreciated

Thx