[Athens-pm] <a href="my_script.pl?argument1=string>Click this</a> can't fix it!

Philip Lees pjlees at ics.forth.gr
Thu Feb 27 04:31:32 CST 2003

Antonis Faragitakis wrote:

> Oh! now i've understand it!
> i must use <form method="POST"
> enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
>  action="http://localhost/login.pl?goto_url=main">
> so when i call for example "login.pl?goto_url=notepad"
> it should work. Am I right Philip!?

It has a much better chance of working now, yes. However, as I said, I
don't know what happens if you mix form fields and URL parameters. Perl
probably handles them correctly, but I'm not sure.

> PS. What is the purpose of using hidden fields!?

To avoid mixing form fields and URL parameters :-)

A more correct answer is that you use hidden fields to pass values that
you don't want to appear in the browser window. Of course, if the user
clicks View Source, they'll be there for all to see.

Philip
--
Philip Lees
Working Group on Cardiology

tel.: +30-2810-391680, fax: +30-2810-391601, e-mail: pjlees at ics.forth.gr

'The aim of high technology should be to simplify, not complicate' -
Hans Christian von Baeyer