[Athens-pm] <a href="my_script.pl?argument1=string>Click this</a> can't fix it!

Philip Lees pjlees at ics.forth.gr
Thu Feb 27 03:26:55 CST 2003

Aaargh! I said this:

> However, I think the main problem with Antonis' login script is this:
>
> my $goto_url = $cgi->param("goto_url");

But I failed to notice this:

> > This works for me if I call the script with '?goto_url=test':

On the other hand, Antonis' index.htm invokes the script as follows:

<form method="POST" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
action="http://localhost/login.pl">

There's no ?goto_url in there.

I don't know what happens if you try to mix form field parameters and
URL type arguments. Probably better not to. I don't understand why you
need to pass goto_url as a parameter anyway. If you must do that, why
not just use a hidden form field:

<input type="hidden" name="goto_url" value="test">

Philip
--
Philip Lees
Working Group on Cardiology

tel.: +30-2810-391680, fax: +30-2810-391601, e-mail: pjlees at ics.forth.gr

'The aim of high technology should be to simplify, not complicate' -
Hans Christian von Baeyer