[Athens-pm] RE: RFC greeklish

Philip Lees pjlees at ics.forth.gr
Tue Oct 22 02:50:38 CDT 2002

> we will start a small programming project together: a greek-greeklish
> convertor. See the e-mails below for some first thoughts about this.
> Please give your opinion about it (on this list). I think
> specification-by-mailinglist should be possible :-)

Hi fellow Perlers. As I live in Crete, it's unlikely I'll get to many
meetings, but it's still good to be part of a group of Perl programmers
in Greece.

Concerning Greeklish, I have an algorithm I use for converting Greek
proper names to Latin characters. It's quite short (about one page of
code) and it might come in useful in this project. Some of its
'features' may be overkill - e.g. it converts Οικονόμου to Economou.

If you're interested I can post the code.

Regards.

Philip
--
Philip Lees
Working Group on Cardiology

tel.: +30-810-391680, fax: +30-810-391601, e-mail: pjlees at ics.forth.gr

'The aim of high technology should be to simplify, not complicate' -
Hans Christian von Baeyer