[Asheville-pm] Any Perl hackers out here west of Asheville?

Dave Baker davebaker at BenefitsLink.com
Mon Jul 9 20:10:47 PDT 2007

Dear Asheville.pm,

I am in Sylva and just learned about the group from the Perl Mongers web
page. I'm looking for Perl hackers to hang with.

I am not a professional programmer, but I've been doing all the
programming for my web site since 1995. It's a trade magazine,
basically: BenefitsLink.com. Makes money mostly through help wanted ads
placed by employers looking for people who read the web site/get the
daily email newsletter. You would be shocked to see the code used for
the flat-file database that runs the help wanted page :)

I enjoy Perl very much and would like to do some more sophisticated
things with it for my web site. So I'd especially like to visit over
beers with anybody doing web development.

I'd be happy to drive to Asheville, too.

I went to Toronto for YAPC in 2006 but missed Chicago and Houston. I'm
thinking of going to Pittsburgh for a conference Pittsburgh.pm is doing
this October.

I wrote an article for Perl.com in early 2006, which just goes to show
you that volunteering can be dangerous. chromatic has agreed to let me
replace it with a 2.0 version that will be better written and more complete.

Would love to hear from any hackers out here in WNC.

In Perl,

Dave Baker