[Asheville-pm] hello from VA

alex at keystrokes.us alex at keystrokes.us
Wed Nov 22 13:15:38 PST 2006

Hi - I am planning on moving to Asheville at some point when I semi retire
(again). I noticed this pm group is not very active but wanted to say hello
and ask if there is a community of practitioners there.

By way of intro, I have been actively using perl for a couple of years and
am still learning it (of course). I have done a lot of software development
over the years and had used perl early but have more recently picked it up
again - it is really not the same language as it was originally - it really
is quite powerful now. I really enjoy discovering new features and functions
and applying them. Am reading 'Hack Perl' which just came out this fall. It
is a fun read that you will enjoy.

I'd be glad to hear about pm and the Asheville area in general as well. I
bought a small house in Fairview, where my daughter is living while she
finishes at UNCA/ Hopefully, my wife am I will retire there in the next
couple of years.

thanks,

alex

I'd be interested in hearing the about technical activities, meetings,
groups in Ashville.