[AnnArbor.pm] Doodle polls for next meeting and planning; vote on the new site's CMS!

Bryan Smith besmit at umich.edu
Wed Mar 30 14:38:42 PDT 2011

Our next Ann Arbor Perl Mongers meeting will be spent designing a new
site to replace:

http://annarbor.pm.org

The goal is to design a site which is community-owned, easy to
maintain, allows us to develop community resources, and that offers
everyone control over their own content.

Everyone is welcome to participate! We want you to help select and
implement features, choose a theme (and customize the theme), port
content from old site, and offer your two cents as a user. No
experience required. We'll even spring for junk food.

If you have a laptop, please bring it.

Please take a few minutes for the following few items to help prepare:

~ ~ ~

(1) We have three proposals for content management systems for the new
website (in psuedorandomly-selected order) :

  * WebGUI: http://www.webgui.org/
  * Movable Type: http://www.movabletype.org/
  * TWiki: http://twiki.org/

After reviewing the options, please vote for one by Sunday, April 10th:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRQR3BB

I will announce the democratically-selected CMS on Monday, April 11th.

(If there are any outstanding objections with the selected CMS, we can
resolve them over email by stating our concerns and re-voting.)

~ ~ ~

(2) Please list your availability for our next meeting (when we'll
develop our site):

http://www.doodle.com/8vew5kg9be7vfbic

~ ~ ~

(3) If you are interested in helping install the selected CMS,
learning more about it and planning the development meeting, please
list your availability:

http://www.doodle.com/iugxz4t3gb2edrfd

~ ~ ~

Bryan