[AnnArbor.pm] Planning a meeting for October

James Pitts james.pitts at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 10:34:29 PDT 2010

Last week, I met a few people at the 2010 Arbcamp who are interested
in perl, and in a renewed Perl Mongers effort in Ann Arbor.

So, freshly motivated to get the ball rolling, I want to see if there
is a preferred day of the week for regular meetings. Right now, I am
thinking Wednesdays, starting on October 20th. I have been
experimenting with gearman and perl so I could probably demo something
I have running on my laptop. If anyone else wants to demo something,
let's do that too!

Lastly, I'd like to open up a discussion about what we'd like to do as
a group. For my part, I'd like to help promote perl as a learning and
a "big projects" platform in the A2 development community, and, more
importantly, occasionally have a few beers with fellow geeks!

- Jamie