Linux Business to Avoid

Arthur Corliss corliss at odinicfoundation.org
Wed May 31 18:18:02 CDT 2000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Civileme wrote:

> Getting the root passowrd out of them for one of those PIAs went the
> distance--two weeks, 17 phone calls and 7 emails.  Someone had shut it down
> improperly and needed the root password to get to maintenance mode  (The PIA
> comes unequipped with extravagant options like CDROM drives and floppy drives).

;-)  I'm par for the course, then.  I've sent them nine e-mails and three
phone calls, but only recieved five e-mails to date.  They've ignored me at
intervals of a week at a time (this had been going on for two months now), and
never once responded to my pleasant e-mails.  Only when I flame them and
threaten to report to the BBB and the Linux community in general do they
bother to respond.  For whatever good that did, since they just refused to
accept the hardware *they* issued an RMA for.

Bastards.  :-P

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/