Using Net::LDAP::LDIF

Roxanne Reid-Bennett rox at tara-lu.com
Fri May 5 14:05:27 CDT 2000

Has anybody here used this package, and have a handy example?

I'm getting an error that kind-of makes sense, and kind-of doesn't.

perl code:
	Net::LDAP::LDIF->new(\*STDOUT,"w")->write($mesg->entries);
error message:
	Can't locate object method "new" via package "Net::LDAP::LDIF" at ldap.pl line
33.

I've tried breaking that line into two statements, the new and then the write,
but the same error occurs for the "new".  The only thing that makes sense to me
is that the (\*STDOUT, "w") doesn't match the footprint for the constructor
which
should be : new ( [FILE [, MODE]] )

And at the moment I don't even remember where I found the example for writing
out the ldap entries resulting from a query.

So, anybody have any ideas?

Rox
Roxanne Reid-Bennett                       rox at tara-lu.com
President, Tara-Lu Corporation     http://www.tara-lu.com/