Working off serial port

Kevin Creason kevinc at gci.net
Wed Jan 12 22:05:47 CST 2000

Hmmm.
So a simple script of any sort (sh, et al) won't cut this mustard?

What a drag. I don't know enough C to drown in. :)

I'll have to get some more statistics on the PBX card. They did tell me that
it will store up to 1,000 entries if nothing is connected. Hmmm. So the
streaming may not be a problem. I'll have to check and see if the buffer
drops the oldest data. If that happens, then a Perl script could retreive
the data, parse it, add it to a flatfile..... Is that feasible-- if it
doesn't have to be streaming/ forked?

Of course there is that ioctl() messiness you mentioned. Know any good CPAN
modules that I could look at for direction? Or for that matter, I could
spawn something else to log the data to a file. Don't have a clue how to do
that just yet, but I'm workin' on stormin' up a brain. gimme me some
time.... or better yet- some better ideas.