FW: findhost.pl

Leif Sawyer lsawyer at gci.com
Tue Jan 4 13:55:32 CST 2000

I figured that I'd been yelling and screaming enough, so
I decided to give back to the community.

Enclosed please find my latest perl hack. Yeah, it's ugly,
but it works wonders.

If you're a system administrator that uses DHCP for
your LAN, you'll appreciate this script.

It will allow you to search the active (and archived) dhcp logs
for assignment information via a CGI application.

It will "pretty-print" the output based on the type of dhcp
action that took place -- however it currently ignores the
DHCPDISCOVER message, because it's not relevant to what we're
trying to provide.

It currently handles gzip'd archive files -- you may have to
edit the source to fix the logfile locations, since currently
they're hardcoded for my server.

Feel free to make bugfixes or add options. I'd appreciate being
mailed any changes you make, just so I can keep a central
copy.  I'll be creating a real project for this on FreshMeat
RealSoonNow.  The source is hereby GPL'd

Leif