Perl Contests

Roxanne Reid-Bennett rox at tara-lu.com
Mon Nov 29 17:19:25 CST 1999

corliss at alaskapm.org wrote:
[...]
> All right, let's go ahead with Leif's idea for a Perl one-liner contest, the
> entries to be voted on by all members.

What is the intent of the Perl one-liner?

"Most useful"?
"Sneakiest" ?
"Most obscure"?
"Most elegant"?

Or is it simply to be: the one picked by the members of the list (or
those at a meeting?) as "their favorite" ?

I don't plan on participating, but knowing what the goal is, or the
judgeable qualities, might help those who might want to <g>

Roxanne Reid-Bennett                       rox at tara-lu.com
President, Tara-Lu Corporation     http://www.tara-lu.com/
"The software required Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux"