Anchorage Perl Monger's First Meeting!

Arthur Corliss corliss at sinbad.net
Fri May 14 16:58:37 CDT 1999

Greetings, Perl Mongers & Linux'ers:

We've finally ramped up enough interest and participation to pull of our
first, very-low-key ;-) meeting.  We invite everyone to participate,
both for those who are current Perl hacks, and those Linux users
entertaining thoughts of delving into *nix programming.  Obviously,
since everyone on the list is also on the AKLUG list, there will be a
lot of Linux-oriented examples going around.

What's on the agenda?  We plan on having a few book reviews on some good
Perl texts, as well as possibly (?) a quick intro or two into some of
the more popular modules.  In general, though, this is more a prime
opportunity to get to know one another, plan some activities for the
group, and discuss the general direction the group will be taking.

The place:  Computer Electronics, across from Sam's, by the Northway
            Mall.
The time:   7:00 PM, on May 22nd (Saturday)

I want to thank Jan Zumwalt for providing the space for the group's
meeting.  :-)

	--Arthur Corliss