[AmsterdamX-pm] Videos on AmsterdamX.pm youtube channel

Laurent Boivin l.boivin at free.fr
Mon Jul 27 14:27:53 PDT 2015

BooK : traitor!

Sawyer:
Can I help?
I'm using mainly Openshot. It's in Python (or python-based) but it does
the job.

"editing" the video for me means :
- adding a panel with the title of the video (a .png exported from
        a .svg with Inkscape, I scripted the .svg using a template.svg
        and a list of talks : title, speaker, link to Act)
- adding the panel with the sponsors (.PNG as well)
- adding the video, cutting what's before and after the talk in
        Openshot directly
- adding the French Perl Monger logo in the right bottom corner of the
        video

Openshot has "export setting" to You Tube, so I don't have to find
the correct video encoder, audio encoder and container format.

If the audio is only on 1 channel, I use ffmpeg to have the sound
in both ears.

More details on request.

The video is clearly not professional: first because of the capture
part, second because I've no skill in it.
But if you want to cut a video to get just the talk, and export it
to YT, Openshot does the job.

Laurent

Laurent Boivin            --               mailto:l.boivin at free.fr
Member of Grenoble.pm, Paris.pm