[AmsterdamX-pm] YAPC in Amsterdam (A.K.A. YAMSTERDAMPC)

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 08:42:44 PDT 2014

As you all know, we're keeping busy with events. Having monthly
meetings[1], a hackathon[2], co-organizing Damien Conway's upcoming talk[3]
and the Dutch Perl Workshop (NLPW)[4] - we figured out the next step would
be to organize a YAPC. Hey, why not?

The venue committee of the YAPC::Europe Foundation (YEF) has issues a call
for venue for next year's YAPC::EU. We intend to submit a letter of intent
to host YAPC in The Netherlands at 2015.

Discussions will be held openly on this list so everyone can be a part of
it. If the traffic will end up high, we could move to a new list of just
organizers so we don't flood anyone's inbox.

Good luck to us! :)

[1] Next one will be on *March 24th*, Tuesday, next week!
[2]
http://blogs.perl.org/users/sawyer_x/2014/01/amsterdamxpm-hosting-a-perl-hackathon.html
[3] *March 18th*, this Tuesday (
http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/amsterdamx-pm/2014-March/000078.html)