[ABQ-pm] (Fwd) Open Source Symposium 2008 Call For Particip

Joe Calkins jcalkins at swcp.com
Fri Oct 26 03:50:48 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the official Call For Participation for the Open
Source Symposium 2008! http://www.texasoss.org/cfp

The Open Source Symposium invites anyone interested in presenting a topic about
anything open source related to submit a presentation proposal. Since one of
the goals of the symposium is to expose open source to those that may not be
familiar with it, we would like to see submissions related to introductory
material, as well as more advanced topics. The Open Source Symposium will be
April 25-26, at the C J Davidson Conference Center located on the Angelo State
University campus, in San Angelo, Texas. Submission deadline is December 15th,
2007.

The Open Source Symposium is an inexpensive two-day conference offering talks
on various aspects of open source, such as software, development, and best
practices. Some topics expected to be covered include Ajax, Perl, Ruby, Ubuntu,
MySQL, and Python (the list could go on and on). Through the generosity of our
sponsors and open source community members, we are able to keep attendance
costs low and event quality high.

We are looking for presentations to fill either a 20-minute (preferably) or 50-
minute time slot. If you have an idea for a workshop or tutorial that you would
like to offer and require more time, please feel free to submit your idea for
review (the earlier, the better, as we would need to book an additional room).

To submit a proposal, please e-mail submissions at texasoss.org with the following
information:
 Your Name
 Your Email