[ABQ-pm] (Fwd) Open Source Symposium CFP ending soon

Joe Calkins jcalkins at swcp.com
Tue Dec 11 21:39:21 PST 2007

Sorry for the late forwarding.

From:           	fluhmann at gmail.com
Date sent:      	Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:17:28 -0600

Just a reminder that there's only one week left for the Open Source Symposium
Call For Participation!  http://www.texasoss.org/cfp (Deadline is December
15th)

If you've been considering submitting, but aren't sure, I encourage you to go
ahead and submit!  I know several of you present at your user group meetings
and aren't afraid to speak in front of a large audience.  The number of
submissions are a little low right now, but it's to be expected since they
usually all pour in during the last week (and some even after the deadline).

Once a few more talks start coming in, I'll likely post some of the topics on
the schedule page.  This may give you an idea about something you may want to
submit.  Remember, the topic range is wide and covers any aspect of open source
that you'd like to talk about.

Symposium updates:
I've finally setup a new blog for news and updates.  You can subscribe to the
feed from the from the News page (http://www.texasoss.org/news), or from the
blog directly at http://blog.texasoss.org/

There's an IRC channel on Freenode, #texasoss

There is a panel session planned for the second day of the conference.  Topic
is currently TBD.  More information will be posted to the site and blog.

CFP submissions:
To submit a proposal, please e-mail submissions at texasoss.org with the following
information:
    Your Name
    Your Email
    [optional] Short Bio
    Presentation Title
    Presentation Abstract
    [optional] Links to your presentation
    Time slot (20, 50 minute, or requested time)

Please visit http://www.texasoss.org/cfp for more information.

Thanks,
Jeremy Fluhmann
Open Source Symposium 2008