[ABQ-pm] hooking up Python (or other) code from Perl?

havoc havoc at harrisdev.com
Tue Oct 11 17:07:06 PDT 2005

I have a little web app I've written, and I'm in the process of putting
in the "hooks" for plugins. I got to wondering what it would take to
allow people to write plugins in non-Perl (I know several Python
programmers who may be interested).

The way I'm doing the plugs is to have an array of plugins, the plugins
set up anonymous coderefs, which are called at the appropriate times.
When a coderef is called, it is sent a hashref containing whatever code
is appropriate.

Is there a way to send the hashref information to a Python (or other)
script/program, in a clean and elegant fashion? Will I need to create a
Perl wrapper for other languages?

Thoughts?

thanks,
http://www.RealizationSystems.com/ -- start communicating