[albany-pm] Next meetings dates?

Leander Hasty taril42 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 07:45:30 PDT 2014

I think either of these work for me.

I'd love to have a code review session.

While there are one or two folks at $work who speak Perl, and we do code
reviews occasionally, it's mostly of the "is this going to work for the
immediate purpose", not style/organization/maintainability.

I have had very little experience converting common functionality into
modules, and sadly even less taking advantage of the Test stuff.

I'd love to put up one of the scripts we have and talking about
patterns/antipatterns therein, possible problems with
scalability/maintainability -- really *anything* that the other Mongers
have found useful and/or precautionary!

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Patrick Cronin <oshihuna at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mongers,
>
> I'm looking into dates for our next tech meeting. EG Library has 22 and 29
> September available. Any preferences? I hope to book the room by Friday
> this week.
>
> In terms of talks, Leander has suggested a code review meeting. It sounds
> like a great idea to me; I'm the only one at work who speaks Perl, and I
> don't think I've ever gotten feedback on any of my code. How about it?
>
> -Pat

> [image: Patrick's Avatar]*Patrick Cronin*
> Computer Lover
> Mobile: +1 518 336 5133
> Email: oshihuna at gmail.com
> Skype: patrickcronin12061
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail /
> attachments

Leander