[albany-pm] Meeting followup

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Fri Jul 29 07:28:44 PDT 2005

Article on perl.com about someone's efforts to port Test::Builder to
perl6.

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/07/28/test_builder_p6.html

Nice to meet all of you last night: we should plan another meeting
late august/early september. While NbN had some great food, it was
unwieldy for the number of people that showed up.

Perhaps one of the college students in our group can arrange a
conference room. Justin suggested the RPI Union's bar.

For a small chunk of work that we could do as a "group", we could go
through the documentation and the examples at

http://www.parrotcode.org/

and in increasing level of difficulty:

1) make sure the examples still work with the current version of parrot.
2) find any simple documentation nits. (missing punctuation, typos,
grammar, etc.)
3) find any more complex documentation problems, like missing
documentation for certain opcodes, etc.

and at http://bugs6.perl.org/

4) verify that old bugs haven't been fixed and just not closed.
5) find TODOs or bugs at http://bugs6.perl.org/ for parrot and try to
implement one of them.

And, for something hardly perl related at all, I would of course love
volunteers to help with Partcl (tcl written on parrot). Of course,
that's about 3 steps removed from perl5, so it's probably not
interesting for most of you. =-)