[adelaide.pm] next perl mongers

Justin Hawkins justin at hawkins.id.au
Tue Feb 23 02:43:34 PST 2010

On 23/02/2010, at 4:16 PM, Justin Hawkins wrote:

> I think the best bet is to do the 'done thing' and make it on a known day every month (third Monday, Last Thursday, etc). Most groups seem to do this, and I think it'd be the best thing here too.
>
> That way there are no excuses, and no to trying to organise meetings around anyones schedules. I appreciate that this may sometimes exclude some people (myself included, kids and what not). The only bad scenario there are the unfortunates who are never available on a particular day of the week....

Oops, the other important factor (Thanks Kim) is that the 'regular' meetings should definitely be social in nature, with the actually techy meetings being scheduled separately (though perhaps in an agreed-upon manner, say the wednesday before/after the social meeting, if there will be one that month).

This seems to work for london.pm, social meetings every month, 'emergency socials' when appropriate (like someone Important being in town) and technical meetings scheduled in advance when someone has a talk to give.

Thoughts? Hate it? Love it?

	- Justin

--
Justin Hawkins