[adelaide.pm] next perl mongers

Justin Hawkins justin at hawkins.id.au
Mon Feb 22 21:46:39 PST 2010

On 19/02/2010, at 3:45 PM, Kim Hawtin wrote:

> evening all,
>
> well, its been a while since the last catch up.
> how about we thrash out a day, time and venue for the next catchup...

Hi Kim,

I think the best bet is to do the 'done thing' and make it on a known day every month (third Monday, Last Thursday, etc). Most groups seem to do this, and I think it'd be the best thing here too.

That way there are no excuses, and no to trying to organise meetings around anyones schedules. I appreciate that this may sometimes exclude some people (myself included, kids and what not). The only bad scenario there are the unfortunates who are never available on a particular day of the week....

Take it to the extreme, and we devise an algorithm which:

* is easily calculable
* changes the day of the week regularly
* never puts meetings too close together
* allows us to exclude certain days (lets call Fridays too busy, or not clash with LinuxSA etc)

There are already a few modules in the Acme::PM::* space. Maybe we need another :-)

What days work for people? Would a rotating DOW make things easier or harder for your schedule? Am I making this too complicated?

Mail me privately if you're shy :-)

	- Justin

--
Justin Hawkins