[ABE.pm] review of last night's hacking

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Thu May 8 08:11:52 PDT 2008

On 08/05/08 09:56 -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> Anybody else have thoughts on how it went?

I thought it was pretty good, if a bit unstructured, but now that your
VM is properly setup... :-)

I liked learning about git while hacking real code. We should do more
hands-on things like that in the future.

> The game's current interface is an IRC bot, so we spent some time adding
> commands to it and fixing its output.  Basically all the work was done on
> one IRC.pm file, and I don't think any obnoxious conflicts occurred.

True, but I loved the way git handled the conflict between your change
and mine.  That was pretty cool.  I can see why Linus developed git the
way he did.

I'd also like to get a better idea of how the game works in general,
especially with POE and Moose but that's prolly more a lecture than a
hacking.

Can I get the src for your game so I can play with it on my own?  Oh,
and I'm still waiting for the src to your IM assistant.

Finally, the nachos at the Bethlehem Brew Works were meh but the ESB was
good.

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.