[ABE.pm] OT: Bookstores

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:22:54 PST 2008

On Wednesday 09 January 2008 03:01 pm, Faber J. Fedor wrote:
> I need to pick up a Python book, preferably an O'Reilly one.  Is there a
> bookstore between me and you guys that I can stop at on my way to the
> meeting tonight?
>
> The only place I know that might have a bookstore is in that shopping
> mall on 33(?).

Faber,

I wasn't aware of that one, but I guess you're thinking of the Barnes and
Noble at 4445 Southmont Way in Bethlehem.  (610/515-0376).

That probably is your best bet.  I had to call the Barnes and Noble in the
Lehigh Valley Mall to try to get an address, so I asked them where the one on
Southmont Way is, and it is off 33.

On 7th Street / MacArthur Road you can find both a Borders and a Barnes and
Noble, the Borders is at 1937 MacArthur Road, Whitehall, Pa., 18052,
610/432-5520.  This is in the Whitehall Mall which is essentially adjacent to
the Lehigh Valley Mall (across Grape Street, both on the same side of
MacArthur Road).

The (relocated) Barnes and Noble is in the new Lifestyle Center at the Lehigh
Valley Mall--they couldn't give me a street address, but they said I should
be able to mapquest the Lehigh Valley Mall.  There number is 610/264-0238.

I can't think of the name at the moment, there is also the bargain place that
sells many things besides books, but used to have a great assortment of
surplus computer books.  They don't seem to have as much recently, but can be
worth checking out.

Randy Kramer