[ABE.pm] Anyone use TheSchwartz?

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Thu Feb 21 09:12:20 PST 2008

On 20/02/08 14:58 -0500, Ted Fiedler wrote:
> Faber J. Fedor wrote:
> >
> > If anyone knows of a reliable job queue that actually has documentation,
> > I'd love to hear about it, Perl or not.
> >

> Like Torque =>
> http://www.clusterresources.com/pages/products/torque-resource-manager.php

Wow!  That looks flexible!  It may also be overkill for what I Want
since I don't see my application going beyond one machine. I assume
having the job submission and execution on one machine is a triival
case, no?

Let me see if I've got this right: my CGI script will create a batch
file ~/scripts/job1.sh containing the following

    #!/bin/bash
    /usr/bin/perl FooBar.pl --arg1=foo --arg2 bar

and then submit a job using the 'qsub' command which will run my script, right?

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.
908-320-0357