[ABE.pm] tech meeting, march 5, BAPL

Ricardo SIGNES perl.abe at rjbs.manxome.org
Thu Feb 21 07:03:14 PST 2008

* "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2008-02-20T23:55:03]
> You don't know anything about TheFrakinSchwartz, right?  I actually got
> something running today. Ask me in a week and maybe I can say something
> interesting about it.

I don't.  I'd like to find a job queue to replace the one we use at work, but
as with much of BRADFITZ's code, TheSchwartz is underdocumented.  There's also
the related Gearman, IPC::DirQueue, and a dozen other solutions.  I haven't
looked at Torque yet, either.

> I'd be interested in hearing about (non-Leopard) OS X stuff, since my
> Macbook is basically just an extension of my iPod.

I'd gladly talk about Mac::Glue, but I'm not sure anyone else has a Mac. :(

> There's a topic! (for the ML at least) What podcasts do you guys listen to?

I don't.  I don't sync my iPod enough, and when I'm at my computer it'd be hard
to listen to something that requires attention.