[ABE.pm] php and me

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Mon Aug 11 10:03:14 PDT 2008

On 11/08/08 12:50 -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:

> I am porting Rx to PHP as part of my "make Rx run everywhere" campaign.
>
> Oh, how PHP makes me crazy!  Here is the spin of the century:

My favorite thing I read was something along the lines of "constants
have one major disadvantage: you can't change their value once they're
set".  DUH!

> I really like the library-building culture of the other dynamic languages.
> The language stays small and is thus easy to learn.  PHP isn't without
> libraries, especially now that there are tolerable classes, but... oof.  I wish
> they'd gone that way much earlier.

I get the feeling the language designers at PHP know as much about
designing a language as I do, IOW, not much.

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.
908-320-0357