[ABE.pm] Concrete Mathematics (a.k.a. Yo, Walt!)

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Mon Sep 10 19:16:59 PDT 2007

On 10/09/07 10:10 -0400, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> Well, I now have obtained a copy of CM.  It's the first edition, so if
> you have the second I suppose it might be a little different.

Yep, mine's the second edition.

> I read
> through most of the first chapter and I think it's quite good.  In
> fact, I might be tempted to buy a copy if it wasn't quite so
> expensive.

I forget what I paid for mine, but it was relatively inexpensive; I
jumped at it once I saw the price.

I was quite surprised to see a Japanese title on the front cover, three
pages of introduction(?) and a Japanese index.

> Anyway, I think I followed most of their analysis of the Josephus
> Problem.  If you could point out what you didn't follow, I'll see if I
> can explain it.

I just dug out my copy.  I'll look it over tomorrow, refresh my memory
and get back to you on it.

BTW, was your undergraduate in CompSci?

Faber Fedor
President