[ABE.pm] Any Catalyst users in here?

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Fri Oct 19 20:14:40 PDT 2007

On 19/10/07 20:32 -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> * "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2007-10-19T19:18:04]
> > Does anyone in here use Catalyst framework?  I need some basic help; I
> > can't even get a "Hello world" page to display.
>
> Have you gone through Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial?
>
>   http://search.cpan.org/~jrockway/Catalyst-Manual-5.701003/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial.pod

Numerous times!  It was no better than listening to the lectures in
Houston and PGH. :-(

I finally grokked it because of raptor's intro
(http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/YetAnotherCatalystIntro).  It seems I
can decipher ESL (For step one we create in "gbook/root/" templates.
additem.tt with the following content ) better than than jrockway's hardcore geek
(http://cpansearch.perl.org/~jrockway/Catalyst-Manual/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Intro.pod#Views)
that's said as an afterthought ("Also, be sure to put the template under
the directory specified in $c->config->{root}, or you'll end up looking
at the debug screen.")

So I can now do a "Hello World" in Catalyst.  Huzzah!

Tomorrow, Forms and YAML!

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.