[ABE.pm] quick and dirty webapp?

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Fri May 18 14:08:41 PDT 2007

 have multiple directories that contain various files (mostly PDFs).  My
client would like to access these files via the web browser.  I was
thinking of just directory listings, but he want's pull down menus;
instead of going to the QA reports directory, he wants to click on the
Intranet tab, select QA, then Reports, then the YYYYMMDD and see the PDF
(_in_ his browser?). I imagine the webapp would have to read the dir and
parse the dir/file names before showing the menus.

Anyone know of a quick and dirty way to do this?  Or a better way? Would
RoR be a good choice?  I'm under the impression that RoR is best for
small database-backed sites.

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.