[ABE.pm] Inhertance

Faber Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Wed Mar 7 09:42:17 PST 2007

Can I overload functions in perl?  Any pointers on how to do
inheritance in Perl?

I've got an class ClassOne with a function called myAverage().  I now
need a second function that's slightly different called
myOtherAverage().

Right now, I've simply added myOtherAverage() to ClassOne but since I
have to create several myOther* functions, I don't like this approach.

Am I correct in wanting to do this: create an object called OtherOne
that inherits from ClassOne and has a function called myAverage which
is actually myOtherAverage?

--

Faber