[ABE.pm] YAPC.ABE [WAS: Re: self-modifying data structures ]

John Cappiello john-abe at apt202.net
Wed Jun 6 07:45:40 PDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:16:42AM -0400, Faber Fedor wrote:
> Would we want more than one track?  Maybe we should look at what was done in
> Pittsburgh as a first look.

Actually, since the PPW, I've been thinking and talking about doing the
same in Phili.  We actually had a meeting about it, and I think the ball
was somewhere in my court, but I don't really remember what my task was
:\  This is going back to last October mind you.

A 1 / 2 day event in PHL (or ABE) could be a great event imo. The first
thing though before deciding on how many tracks, etc, is just a function
of what we want to accomplish, that will attract enough people to make
it worth it.

This area is surrounded by a number of cities close enough to drive, so
it's a great location imo.  We just need the right topics, etc.

Also, given that PPW seems to be happening again this year, we face a
little risk of burnout with this area.

However, given the date as it is now, and how most of these fall spring
summer, fall, it might be advantageous to think about something for next
January.

--
jcap