[ABE.pm] Multiple Perl installations

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:47:19 PDT 2007

well if you want the latest and greatest this should work:

rsync -auvz rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current/ bleadperl/
sh Configure -de -Dusedevel -DPREFIX=/opt/perl
make
make test
make install

if its just 5.8.8
sh Configure -de -DPREFIX=/opt/perl
make
make test
make install

should be sufficient.

Ted

On 8/15/07, Faber J. Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:

> On 15/08/07 08:28 -0400, Ted Fiedler wrote:
> > Ive got two versions of Perl installed on a test server. One is the
> > SuSe 9.xsanctioned
> > v5.8.3 the other I built into /opt/perl which is latest...
>
> What's the easiest way to install Perl into another place?  It looks
> like I've got to install 5.8.8 to hack the script rjbs gave me the other
> day and I don't want to upgrade my OS (yet).
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Faber Fedor
> President
> Linux New Jersey, Inc.
> 908-320-0357
> 800-706-0701
>
> http://www.linuxnj.com
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

If you mess with a thing long enough, it'll break.
                -- Schmidt