[ABE.pm] Config Files

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs-perl-abe at lists.manxome.org
Wed Aug 15 13:32:43 PDT 2007

* Ted Fiedler <fiedlert at gmail.com> [2007-08-15T15:27:48]
> Whats everyone using to parse config files these days. We have some stuff
> that basically just uses modules - the end use is db table mappings

> [ ... ]

> Id like to ditch the modules, in favor of an easier way for others
> unfamiliar w/ Perl to create table maps.
>
> Config::General looks good. Anyone use this?

Config::General is cool, but it's just so huge and ... huge!  I've never felt
that I needed anywhere near its featureset.

I usually use a YAML file, or Config::INI::Reader.  App::Config, soon to be
released, is a generalized form of Rubric::Config.  Those are pretty much all I
ever use.

I've used Config::Auto in the past, but I have grown to dislike it.