[ABE.pm] Multiple Perl installations

Ted Fiedler fiedlert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 05:28:39 PDT 2007

Ive got two versions of Perl installed on a test server. One is the
SuSe 9.xsanctioned
v5.8.3 the other I built into /opt/perl which is latest...

I have some custom modules that handle some company specific db noise.

# File Crufty/cruft.pm
package cruft;

use strict;
use warnings;
use DBI;

# do some stuff

1;

# File DoTheCruft.pl
#!/opt/perl/bin/perl

use Crufty::cruft;

print "All your base\n";

__END__

So, cruft.pm uses the DBI version installed under /opt/perl, correct? My
experience says yes it uses whatever the caller is using, Im just checking
myself.

Also When building DBD::Informix I get
Failed Test     Stat Wstat Total Fail  List of Failed
t/t93lvarchar.t  255 65280     7    3  6-7

So... It fails. when I run perl t/t93lvarchar.t

I get:
# *** Testing of DBD::Informix complete ***
# ***     You appear to be normal!      ***

So. Is forcing the install OK - I cannot see why this test would fail.
Normally I would track the problem down and try to fix it, but according to
the test - there is nothing to fix.

Ted
--
If you mess with a thing long enough, it'll break.
                -- Schmidt