[ABE.pm] maillog threading

Faber J. Fedor faber at linuxnj.com
Mon Aug 13 10:07:12 PDT 2007

On 13/08/07 12:15 -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> * "Faber J. Fedor" <faber at linuxnj.com> [2007-08-13T11:47:00]
> In email jargon, a thread is a group of messages that form a conversation,
> related by the headers:
>
> I don't think this is what you mean.  Is it?

No, it's not.  I think jcap has the right idea.

An email comes into the system with message-id SDFGRTYDFERG which gets a
postfix queue id DFGH434. The email gets passed off to Amavis which does
its magic then reinserts it via a second instance postfix (which agains
shows its original message-id and a new queue-id.  Postfix then delivers
it to procmail or the receiving MTA and shows the email as delivered (or
bounced or whatever).

With some Perl magic, I think you can trace the path of the email
through the email system. That's what I'm looking for.

Faber Fedor
President
Linux New Jersey, Inc.
908-320-0357