[ABE.pm] Zimbra?

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Wed Apr 11 16:57:30 PDT 2007

Faber J. Fedor wrote:
> Ted,
>
> Weren't you the one testing Zimbra?  How do you like it so far?

I'm not Ted, but I am running Zimbra :).

I'm running the open source version on my personal server for a few
small domains.

I'm also nearly in the process of migrating to Zimbra at work (about 80
users or so).

> I'm looking for a software solution that will allow users to share a
> calendar.  Will (the free version of) Zimbra do that?  I know Google
> Apps for Domains will, but I need to archive all email for ever and
> ever.

The calendar is shared, but I think it can only be accessed from the web
client.  I recall seeing a blurb on the Zimbra wiki about interfacing
with the Mozilla Sunbird/Lightning calendar, but it doesn't sound like
that will be happening any time soon.

Pat